Call to participate in the 30th Medellin International Poetry Festival
1. Poets of any age and any nationality can participate, with any place of residence.
2. This call closes on November 30th, 2019.
3. Each participant will send no less than 20 poems in Word or PDF format to the email [email protected] He or she must also send one resume, photo, complete contact information with home address and phone.
4. Poets who have written their works in different language than Spanish must submit their original texts with their translation into Spanish.
5. The submitted works do not have to be unpublished, and it can be sent part from published works.
6. The jurors of the Prize will choose three winners. The Prize consists of a formal invitation to participate in the celebration of the 30th anniversary of the International Poetry Festival of Medellín. The Festival organization will cover the cost of roundtrip air tickets from anywhere in the world, as well as the expenses of staying in the city of Medellín during the Festival. The 30th International Poetry Festival of Medellín will take place between June 13 and 20, 2020.
7. The jurors may suggest to the organizers of the Festival the names of other poets who, in their opinion, should be invited, but in the event that they are accepted by the Festival organization, the costs of air tickets will not be cover, the organization only will cover the costs of their stay in Colombia.
8. The names of the jurors will only be announced on the day of the decision, which will be on January 15, 2020.
9. Neither the Festival organization nor the jurors will hold mail with the participants in this summon.