First René Char World Poetry Award
The Medellín International Poetry Festival, within the celebrations for its first 25 years in existence, is holding the First World Poetry Award in honor of the great French poet René Char, to be governed by the following
1. The award is open to poets of all nationalities.
2. The works eligible for the René Char World Poetry Award shall be the poetic works published in Spanish or English as from January 2013, or works written and published in other languages which have been translated into Spanish or English, even if such translations have not been published.
3. Participants shall send four published copies of the original work, or else one published copy and three simple copies.
4. There shall be eligible for the Award personal poetry anthologies by the author, whether compiled by him- or herself or by a third party. In the latter case, the Award shall be for the author, not the anthologist, and the submission shall enclose a written authorization by the author declaring that he or she agrees to participate.
5. In the case of works published in other languages which have been translated into Spanish or English, there shall be submitted a published copy accompanied by three duly bound copies of the translation. As in the previous clause, the package with the original and the bound copies shall be accompanied by an authorization signed by the author.
6. The selected works shall be forwarded to three internationally renowned juries, who shall issue the final award.
7. The juries shall choose one winner work.
8. The jury is at liberty to award mentions or to publish a shortlist together with the award.
9. The award shall be published on May 1, 2015, and shall not be liable to appeal.
10. Any circumstance not covered by these rules shall be decided by the jury together with the directors of the 25th Medellín International Poetry Festival.
11. The winner of the First René Char World Poetry Award shall receive, as encouragement, the amount of US$ 6,000 or its equivalent in Colombian currency as of the date of the relevant payment, during the 25th Medellín International Poetry Festival (July 11 to 18, 2015). The Award shall also include an invitation to participate in the next year’s Festival, including living expenses in the city of Medellín for the duration of the event as well as the expenses for air travel from any country in the world.
12. The submission of the works implies full acceptance of these rules.
13. This call is in force as from its publication, and the deadline for reception of the works shall be April 5, 2015.
14. Works shall be submitted to the following address: 25º Festival Internacional de Poesía de Medellín. Carrera 50 A # 60-22, Barrio Prado Centro, Medellín, Colombia, South America. Postal Code 050012. The package shall include the author’s following data: postal address, email, telephone number, and copy of passport or national identity document.
15. The names of the juries shall only be disclosed in the final award, i.e. on May 1, 2015.
16. The organizers of the 25th Medellín International Poetry Festival shall not engage in any correspondence with the participants.
17. In no case shall the works be returned to the authors.
Medellín International Poetry Festival
December 14, 2014
Published on December 16th, 2014.